Building construction inspections are conducted at the request of UCF project managers or the associated contractors. The inspections are reviewed for compliance with the Florida Building Code.
Inspections are scheduled with the appropriate agency, listed in the upper right-hand corner of your Building Permit.
UCF inspections are scheduled by email with the inspector listed.
Consultant inspections are scheduled through our online system located here:
Routine inspections are performed during the normal business hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday and must be requested by 4:00 PM two (2) business days prior to the requested date. Non-business hour and holiday inspections are available and must be requested with as much advanced notice as possible, but at a minimum are submitted by 4:00 PM three (3) business days prior to the requested date, and must be confirmed in advance with the inspection representative. The holidays observed with respect to BCO construction inspection schedules are listed below.
Emergency inspections not meeting the minimum advance notice required are also available. Contact the appropriate agency to coordinate directly with the inspection representative to make prior arrangements, and then follow the appropriate scheduling procedure above.. Re-inspections for failed requests, holiday, emergency, and all other non-routine inspections are subject to additional fees as shown below in the inspection rate table. These fees are not included in the original permit fee and must be paid in advance.
2023 Observed holidays for the Building Department:
- New Year’s Day (Monday, January 2)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 16)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4)
- Veteran’s Day (Friday, November 10)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25)
Inspection Rate Table
|Re-inspection of a Failed Inspection||$150.00|
|Non-Business Hour||$150.00 per hour (2-hour minimum)|
Instructions for the Inspection Request System
- Create an account via Citizenserve portal https://www.buildingdepartment.fs.ucf.edu/permitsoftware/.
- Click on the icon on top of “View/Edit Your Permits or Request Inspection” to schedule inspections after login
- All inspections should be requested via Citizenserve portal
- Refer to the Permitting Procedures for additional information